Create Your Own Word Search
Purpose of the toolCreate your own word search puzzles and practice words on your interactive whiteboard.
Explanation of the toolPress "Settings" to create or select a word list.
Adjust the difficulty by selecting the puzzle size (8x8, 12x12 or 16x16) and the word placement. By default words are displayed horizontally. You can add vertical, diagonal and backward word placement in your puzzle.
Press "Save" to generate a puzzle and play.
Find the words that are presented in the panel on the right. The tool will automatically select a set of random words from your word list. The maximum amount of selected words depends on the size of the puzzle.
- A maximum of 8 words for 8x8 puzzles.
- A maximum of 12 words for 12x12 puzzles.
- A maximum of 16 words for 16x16 puzzles.
Press a letter to select it. Select each letter of the word you need to find.
Do you need help? Press the "Hint" button. A random letter will be highlighted from a word that is left for you to find.
Please note that words have a maximum allowed length. The maximum length depends on the size of the puzzle.
- A maximum of 8 letters for 8x8 puzzles.
- A maximum of 12 letters for 12x12 puzzles.
- A maximum of 16 letters for 16x16 puzzles.